Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Wish for Father's Day (Hughs Family Blog)

From the preamble of Hughs Family Blog:
I want to leave this digital blog to my children, so that as they age they can read about some of the things that saddened our family and brought us great joy. I want them to see how one man has changed their fathers life. I want them to know that person and walk with him as they get older. That is the purpose of this blog.
Bob Hughs a good man. Which of course is an oxymoron. (No, I'm not going to do a cheap joke against Bob). For you see, there is no such thing as a good man. I know this is true because the Bible told me so.

Why do you call me good? No one is good—except God alone. (Luke 18:19, NIV, emphasis added).

You know that verse in the Bible? Yeah, its true. I know it is true. I can vouch for it.

See, I probably should say that I can vouch for Bob Hughes. I know that he a man of God and that he is in the pursuit of being a good man. Has he ever fallen? Please, no rhetorical questions!

Yet Bob Hughes ministered to me yesterday. He came and visited me and we had dinner and we walked and hear Paula sing at the coffee shop.

Bob ministered to me.
Bob walked with me.
Bob was by my side in the midst of myChaos.

But who the heck is Bob?

Bob is the guy that walked with Todd yesterday. Bob went with me to Lincoln to hear Bono talk about DATA (which isn't the real reason we went to Lincoln). Bob and Jennifer were married at the ALC in St. Joseph when I lived there and I was blessed enough to do their wedding.

Yesterday, Bob ministered to me. Bob's presence blessed me. And I thank God for Bob. I truly do.

This is my testimony.

No comments: