Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Path from the Community to the Disciples

I've taken another step towards becoming involved with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). I can honestly say that I have felt called to move in this direction and honestly don't know how this call thing really works. Yet sometimes, sometimes, we gain a glimpse into the possibilities for our life that exist only in Christ.

I can also say that I don't believe that I'm leaving the Community of Christ (though the cynical side of me wants to say that the Community of Christ has left me!) Yet rather I believe I have the opportunity to become more familiar with my sisters and brothers in Christ who are in a different part of the vineyard.

There are many reasons why I am drawn to this branch of the Restoration movement. Yet for today, it is enough to say there is movement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Todd, on the surface, I think spending more time with folk from other traditions is a great move. Even in ecumenical circles, we don't always know each other as well as we could it seems.

I don't know if she's still there, but Lee Chariamonte used to be Pastor of Independence Blvd Christian Church (Disciples) was working on a PhD from Drew. She was St Paul School of Theology's "Church and Society" person when I was there. I think you'd really like her. She's a great pastoral presence. If she's still there and you don't know her, I highly recommend you going to visit her. If you do, let her know I said "hi."

Peace, your brother in Christ, Matt